Portage College Public Legal Education Program and Little Warriors invite you to attend a FREE live online facilitator led interactive Prevent It! workshop
Portage College Public Legal Education Program and Little Warriors invite you to attend a FREE live online facilitator led interactive Prevent It! workshop via Zoom. Prevent It! is an evidence-based educational workshop developed in conjunction with researchers at the University of Alberta. The recently released Indigenous version of the workshop was developed with input and feedback from several Indigenous communities across Canada.
Did you know?:
- Experts estimate that 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 6 boys will experience sexual abuse.
- 95% of those children will know and trust their perpetrator.
After attending the workshop, participants (those with, are around, or work with children) will feel empowered and be informed about the following:
- Child sexual abuse
- Child sexual development
- How to talk with children about healthy sexual development
- Troubling signs to watch for in children
- Troubling behaviours to watch for in other adults
- Child Protection Laws
- How to respond to disclosures of child sexual abuse
- How to report abuse
- How to reduce the risk of sexual abuse as responsible adults and organizations
Who should take this workshop?: ALL parents, professionals and volunteers that work or interact with children. All participants receive a comprehensive workbook and certificate of attendance.
Little Warriors is a national, charitable organization focused on the awareness, prevention, and treatment of child sexual abuse. Learn more about the workshop here: https://littlewarriors.ca/prevent-it/
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-922-9010.
- Our program is funded to provide free workshops to Albertans. As such, priority will be given to Alberta residents. If live outside of Alberta and register, please be advised that your registration may be waitlisted should capacity be reached.
- Zoom log-in details and workbook will be emailed the day before the event, so please check the email you register with.
- Seats are limited to 15. If you register and find you cannot attend, please unregister via Eventbrite or get in touch with email@example.com.
(Thursday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm(GMT-06:00) View in my time